The only reason a person will watch this movie, would be Ritesh Deshmukh and I am not any exceptional case in this. After seeing the movie trailers everywhere it assured me one thing that, let the movie be bad but I am sure Ritesh is going to make me laugh like hell and it proved to be true.
The movie revolves around characters:
- Carlos (Jackie Shroff) who is a Don and is expecting diamonds worth Rs. 50 crore smuggled by his gang member Sania (Celina Jaitly).
- Shivani (Riya Sen) and Arjun (Shreyas Talpade) are in love but ShivaniÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s dad (Anupam Kher) is obstacle for them. Arjun seeks help of his cousin, Kishen (Ritesh Deshmukh) who is one of the biggest frauds in Goa.
- Krishna runs away from Goa to Mumbai in train. Incidentally Sania also lands up in the same train, same coach with (diamonds hidden in shoe box).
- Inspector Namane (Sunil Shetty) who gets information about Sania and he traces Sania out.Sania hides the shoe box in the bag of Krishna to save herself. Namane takes her to police station for checkup.
- Now, the diamonds are with Kishen (who does not know about it), Kishen is in Mumbai to help Arjun. Carlos is looking around for Sania for the diamonds, he takes help of local goon (Rajpal Yadav).
- On the other hand Nepali gangster (Chunky Pandey) is also looking for Kishen who ran away with his money.
Now imagine, they all meetup . What a mess it would be!! But it was fun. The movie totally belongs to Ritesh Deshmukh, who heads like a warrior in the battlefield alone. The Sonia aunty part played by Ritesh was just remarkable, it will make anyone laugh. Even Rajpal Yadav and Chunky Pandey did very good job. But the movie has its own share of laughter and flaws. There was no need to bring in emotional stuff in the movie, it just makes the things worse when emotions disturb pure comedy. The movie lags in first 1 hour. The songs make things even worse. But again, the movie makes you laugh like hell.
To sum it up:
Story: Simple story, nothing great but the it was more about comedy then the story. Leave the brains at home. Story also has few double meaning talks too.
Music: Bad!! Period.
Acting: Ritesh Deshmukh rocked, Anupam Kher, Rajpal Yadav, Sunil Shetty, Chunky Pandey were good. Riya Sen, Koena Mitra, Shreyas Talpade, Celina Jaitly, Jackie Shroff did not have much to do but did their job well.
Overall I would give this movie 2.5 stars out of 5
Prediction Meter: Word of mouth is the only thing which can save the movie. It might not be a hit but I think it should recover the costs easily.