For past few hours I have been struggling to transfer a .co.uk domain from other registrar. I was in impression that the transfer process will be same as other TLDs (mainly .com) but to my surprise the process is very much different here.
This is how it works:
- Contact your new registrar and ask for their IPSTAG – IPSTAG is basically a code which is given to every registrar.
- Once you get that, login to your old registrar’s domain control panel, change the IPSTAG to the one provided by new registrar. This basically means that, you want to transfer away the domain name to your new registrar.
- After this step, a transfer request will be sent to your old registrar, new registrar will also receive the same kind of request and it will mail back the security key to the domain holder. (This is an automated process – old registrar will approve the transfer and send details to new one, new registrar will send the secret key to you)
- Once you receive the key, start the transfer process at your new registrar, put in the secret key you have..
- Rest of the things are same as other TLDs.
That’s about it.. I hope it helps someone 🙂